GeoTopo is a network topology generator that is developed to model engineering factors of Intra-AS and Inter-AS topology generation.
GeoTopo is motivated to model three major aspects of the Internet and its evolving directions:
(1) The expansion of networks' geo-coverage.
(2) The formation of inter-AS peering links at Internet exchange points (IXPs).
(3) The growing number of ASes, especially the emerging edge ASes.
GeoTopo can be used to create and study three classes of topologies:
(1) the topology characterized mainly by graph properties (Status Quo topology).
(2) the topology driven by AS peering at IXPs (IXP topology).
(3) the topology characterized by country backbones (CB topology).
Please see README in the GeoTopo package.
SQ topology sample
IXP topology sample
CB topology sample
Click here to download the package.
Please cite the following paper when you publish results that you have obtained using GeoTopo:
GeoTopo: A PoP-level Topology Generator for Evaluation of Future Internet Architectures
Yi Hu, Feixiong Zhang, K. K. Ramakrishnan, and Dipankar Raychaudhuri.
In Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE International Conference on Network Protocol(ICNP), 2015.